Sunday, July 5, 2009

Congratulations Nick and Carri

Nick and Carri
Engaged July 4th 2009


I had good intentions today. I was going to bring our readers up to speed with what's going on in our shop. BUT as you can see our blog is a little bit of this, a little bit of that. We not only want to tell you about Sumpin Else, we want to establish relationships with you as Carmen and Maggi.

So here is a Carmen moment to share. Last night during the fireworks my son Nicholas and his girlfried Carri set off some fireworks of their own. They got engaged a wonderful text this morning confirmed it! To both of them we (Paul and I) say "Congratulations and best of luck on your journey together, may it be filled with joy and love."

I once read one of those internet chain letters that touched my heart and soul. And even though the legends site says it probably didn't happen the poem at the end always stays with me. I wish now that its true author was known so as to give them credit because if there is one thing I wish for Nick, Carri, and all of our children it is "I wish you enough..."

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright,
enough rain so you can appreciate light.
I wish you enough music to raise your spirits,
enough silence so you can hear it.
I wish you enough happiness to make you glow,
enough pain to make you grow.
I wish you enough intelligence to make your way,
enough innocence to enjoy the day.
I wish you joy. I wish you love. I wish you peace. I wish you enough.
Until next time,
Carmen (aka Mom to you)

1 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations & enjoy all the moments!! How exciting! My son got married two years ago and it was so much fun; I didn't want the day to end!

 
designed by sharnee