Saturday, February 6, 2010

Basic Rules for Living on the Planet

Life does not come with instructions. We are kind of thrown into it and then we are mentored and guided by our parents, families, friends, and a few wild cards that destiny throws in the mix. It's too bad that there is no reference book, You Tube video, etc. for when all else fails or for when you have reached the crossroads. It's also too bad that we don't take notes along the way.

One of my favorite books is Life's Little Instruction Book. Another favorite is Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Granted they are not an atlas for living but they are a good start. We would all do well to purchase a copy of each and keep it near by. They remind us of basic issues in simple terms.

It has been one of those weeks, months, and years. I just need to remind myself of what is important and while I'm there I'll share with you:

  • Say "Please"
  • Say "Thank you"
  • Say "I love you"
  • Say "I'm sorry"
  • If you open it, close it
  • If you turn it on, turn it off
  • If it ain't broken, don't fix it
  • If you break it, repair it
  • If you borrow it, return it
  • Toilet seat down
  • You are responsible for your own happiness

Until next time,

Carmen

0 comments:

 
designed by sharnee