Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tis the Season...

Last weekend we had our Holiday Open House here. We had invited a lot of folks and we'd like to thank those that stopped by and placed orders too! It was a successful day and now we've got a few new orders to get ready. And of course, as we get them ready, we'll share them here with you.

This first thing that I'm going to share isn't actually for an order...it's for a very special someone's birthday. I'm giving it to her tomorrow but won't mention "who" just yet...in case she's reading, of course.

This is a small card portfolio with 4 matching cards inside. In the photo, the portfolio looks black but it really is a deep brown...to match the brown in the striped paper of the card. This was my first attempt at one of these. Its something that I've had sitting in the back of my mind and I finally pulled it out tonight. I think I'll do a few of these for folks at my daughter's school for Christmas gifts. Oh, and I need to tell you too...the design of the card is very similar to my friend Bilynda's card that we did in a recent Stamp a Stack. Thanks Bilynda, for the inspiration! Your cards always rock!!

This next little ditty is "sumpin" that Maggi showed up with on Sunday. OH MY GOODNESS...this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! The colors of this just SCREAM Autumn and Thanksgiving. And she topped it off with a nice little "family" word block. I can just picture an awesome Thanksgiving Day photo in this baby. We're holding off on putting it up on Etsy just yet...only because we have a show on Saturday and I have a sneaky suspicion that this one might just sell. If you're interested in this one...drop us a line and we'll see if we can't get Maggi to whip up another one just for you!

This is another one that Maggi did for a custom order. The colors of this came from a dance costume from last year's recital. We weren't sure about the denim up against the hot pink and black...but Maggi added her special touch and this is the end result. A definite PLUS in my book!

I think I'll hold off on sharing anything more for now. Need to save stuff for later too, ya know.

I'm working on updating a lot of the photos at Etsy...so check back often to see what we've got up our sleeves. And of course, if there's ever anything you would like to order, drop us a line at sumpinelse@gmail.com.

Until next time...

0 comments:

 
designed by sharnee